Minnie’s Diner – A Multiplying Menu
written by Dayle Ann Dodds, illustrated by John Manders
About: Minnie’s Diner is conveniently located near to the McFay farm, full of hungry boys. Each one is double the size of the next – and places double the order! Bouncy rhyming text sets up a story based purely on the idea of doubling and exponential increase. And it’s funny. We happened to acquire this book at the time that Kid 6 was beginning to work on the idea of doubling, and it fit in perfectly. It’s also an introduction to powers of 2, should you be needing reinforcement on that concept.
- Maths makes the plot and meshes into the story
- Doubling, exponential increase and powers of 2
- Repetitive text for easier reading
- Variety of visual perspective angles
- It’s about food! My kids forgive a lot for that.